1. Infant Seat: We used the Fisher-Price My Little Lamb Deluxe Infant Seat. This was KEY for us. Under four months, the baby sleeps so often, that we weren't always putting him in his crib for naps. This seat did a great job at settling him and helping him nap. It is really portable, which was great. You can easily carry it from room to room, and also would take it with us when we went to our parents' houses. We used the vibration function all of the time and occasionally the music. We didn't always use the "arm," but it was nice to have for him to look at something and bat at something when he started to develop arm control. He has grown out of the seat now, and I have lent it to a friend to borrow.
|Exact one that I have.|
|This is not the exact one I have, but very similar.|
5. Grass Drying Rack by Boon - This drying rack is great for pump parts, etc. and looks cute. They have a bigger one called Lawn, but Grass was the best size for me.
6. Video Baby Monitor - Motorola Digital 2.8" Video Baby Monitor. I really debated whether or not to get one of these. I didn't want to be obsessed with looking at it all of the time. In my mind, I wanted to be super laid back, easy peasy, care free. But the more I talked to various parents, I heard that they either loved their video monitor or wished they had one. I am so glad we got it. I love to be able to get a quick glance at him whenever I want from where ever I am in the house. It was also helpful for us in interpreting his sounds - i.e. Ok, he's fussing, but still has the paci in his mouth and seems to be settling, so we don't need to go in. Or, ack, he's fussing, thrashing about, and clearly needs some help in settling. Be careful though. This monitor has a function that pipes in loud music. I made that mistake once by pressing the wrong button.
7. Aden and Anais Swaddles - These are just a great all purpose blanket. It is lightweight, but big. Great for swaddling, covering a car seat, tucking around the baby in the infant seat, etc. We still use them. Plus, the royal baby uses them!!!
|Ben artfully wrapped in an A+A swaddle|
9. Stroller Frame - Chicco KeyFit Caddy. We were gifted the stroller frame that went with our chicco car seat, and I love it. It is so lightweight and easy. Completely awesome.
10. Baby Jogger City Mini GT Stroller with Infant Insert (Summer Infant)- So I debated putting this on the list since I put the stroller frame on there. But, I did use this stroller almost every day as well during my maternity leave for walking Shelby and Ben. First, I tried wearing Ben for our walks in an ergo. I didn't like that for various reasons. He was only three weeks at that point, and still so small. I thought I was squishing him. I did not like the ergo's infant insert. It was uncomfortable and I thought he would overheat. Also, if he fell asleep on the walk, then I would have to move him when we got home, and he would wake up. I didn't want to use the car seat/stroller frame for walks because (1) when he was 3 weeks old I thought the car seat made him slump too much (paranoia, it's what's for dinner) (2) the city mini is a much smoother ride for walks and I thought more comfortable for Ben. What I ended up doing was lying the seat on the city mini completely flat and using an infant cushion, which I still use. This worked out great for me. We keep the city mini in the house for walks, and the stroller frame in the car for everything else.
|My insert is black/grey, but this is the same one essentially.|
12. Rocker - Nurseryworks Empire Rocker. I can't believe I almost forgot this! I love this rocker. It is big and great. It was my one furniture "splurge." Otherwise, we got Ikea furniture, and I used a (great) hand me down crib from my nephew. We have logged a lot of hours in this rocker. My one regret is that I wish I would have chosen the darker wood, but that was on back order and I was impatient. I still love it. It doesn't come with an ottoman, but I bought an inexpensive one from World Market to go with it. It is definitely nice to have a place to rest your feet, so I would recommend having some sort of ottoman.
|It is bluer than it looks in this picture. |
I have a better picture that I will upload tomorrow.